Q-PLM - the project
Q-PLM - Quality Assurance for VET Providers Using Product Lifecycle Management
European Programme:Lifelong Learning Programme
Leonardo da Vinci Multilateral Projects for Development of Innovation
Duration:1st of October 2013 – 30th of September 2015
Background:A vast number of factors and variables are influencing services and products on the vocational education and training (VET) market. Product lifecycle management is a conceptual approach which takes a product throughout its entire lifetime into consideration. Each product on the economic market has a certain product lifecycle -so do VET products. Product lifecycle management can be an appropriate tool for the measurement of indicators of a VET product and the management of its lifetime.
Economic need:There is a high demand for a coherent and practical instrument for the monitoring of the lifecycles of VET products, with consideration of several variables influencing VET offers, at the VET provider level.
The main aimof the Q-PLM project is the development of an IT-based tool for the integrated product lifecycle management for VET providers.
- Analysis of existing PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) software
- Research of variables influencing the product lifecycle of a VET offer
- Identification of indicators for variables for product lifecycles in VET
- Handbook for Active Product Lifecycle Management for VET providers
- Software product for Active Product Lifecycle Management for VET providers
- Testing phase for the software
- Final conference event in Austria in June 2015